Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Still working...

Last week I had some extra time to experiment in the kitchen. Of the 4 experiments I did only one is still not perfected yet, those darn Lemon Coolers. I made a batch and had the texture and size I wanted but when we tried them out with our guinea pigs, I mean our taste-testers, the same comment was made. They needed more lemon.

So I decided to add more lemon. This turned out to be one of the moments you just have to call it quits, walk away, and come back another day for another try.  My husband suggested adding double the amount of lemon. Of course he meant lemon zest and I took it for double lemon juice and zest! Needless to say the cookies were awful.

Well back to the drawing boards. Haven't had a chance to work on them again this week but will try them this weekend. Who knows, maybe with all that is going on with these cookies, they'll turn out to be amazing. One could hope! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment