Friday, April 23, 2010

A Chocolate dessert even non-chocolate lovers can enjoy!

So this week has been one of experimenting. I already posted two new breads to the website and let you know about it in a previous blog. If you didn't have a chance to read it, let me introduce them again to you. We've added a Lemon Poppy Seed bread and a Coconut-Banana Bread to our list of tasty items for you to try.

Wednesday, I was being lazy and decided to give the pound cake idea a try. We offer a cream cheese pound cake already. You can purchase it as a loaf form or as a  bundt form. The recipe came into the family by way of Kentucky. My grandmother remarried after the lost of my grandfather to a gentleman from Kentucky. Man, did Preston have the thickest drawl out there. Living in Louisiana, I have heard my share of thick southern drawls but his sure beat all. He would make this pound cake and people would rave about it. My mom asked him for the recipe and then I asked her for it. A while ago we were talking about it and my mom mentioned that when my grandmother found out we had it, she stated that not even his daughters have it. So thank you Preston for giving us a little of your family recipes to share. So anyway, I decided to added a heaping amount of cocoa to the recipe to see what it would taste like. The kitchen sure smelled good while it was baking and it looked delicious while it was cooling on the rack. Since I was now running late to church, I cut it up to give out to tasters for their feedback. All who had it said it was unbelievable but it was the comment of a friend that stood out.

Joanne is like me in all her candy choices. She doesn't like chocolate hardly ever and would rather have something sugary instead of something chocolaty. She's even been known to order a birthday cake for someone else in vanilla because she doesn't like chocolate cake. So when she called me and stated, "That was amazing. Oh my goodness. A++" I knew I had a winner. For someone who doesn't eat chocolate much to fall in love with a chocolate dessert, what more feedback could I want?  So now you can purchase the Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake from the website. It is only in the bundt version but will be a dessert that you would want more of after you have had a slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment