Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Cream Cheese Popovers

Photo taken from Doughmesstic.com

I love brown sugar and I love cinnamon. I loved the Cinnamon poptarts growing up and could really care less about the other flavors. Since the school year is coming to a close, I will have more time to make different breakfast creations besides cereal or oatmeal; that's my goal and wish anyway. Awhile back I made some sugary popovers and loved them. I decided to try some other popovers and went searching for some recipes. I found a website called Doughmesstic.com and right there on the menu tab was a link for the Popover Project. Susan, the owner/blogger/baker of the site, is making popovers once a week for the entire year. I saw this recipe off her site and just knew I had to try it out.

Have a great week.

Ingredients: 1 c flour, 1/3 c brown sugar, 1.5 TBSP cinnamon, pinch of salt, 3 TBSP sugar, 2 tsp vanilla, 3 TBSP butter, 4 oz. cream cheese, 3 eggs, and 1 c milk

Instructions: (1) Preheat oven to 375F. (2) Divide butter evenly amongst Popover Pan cups. If you don't have a popover pan, you can use either a 6c or 12c muffin tin but you will end up using all the 12 muffin cups. Place pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes while making the batter. (3) In a medium bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, milk, and brown sugar. Whisk in  flour and cinnamon and divide batter amongst prepared cups. (4) Combine cream cheese and sugar and spoon evenly into cups. (4) Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes at 375 then reduce oven to 350 and continue baking for 20 minutes. Serve with syrup, a sprinkle of powder sugar, ice cream...whatever you want.

*It's better to have the cream cheese softened so the sugar incorporates nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment