Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gone Bananas...

Banana Pudding and Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
Today I spent the day baking cupcakes using my least favorite fruit, Bananas. I dislike bananas. My mom says I've hated them since I was little. The funny thing though, I love Banana flavored pudding, Banana flavored Taffy, Banana Chips, Banana Nut Bread and Coconut Banana Bread. I can scrap the bowl clean after I make one of these creations but when it physically comes to eating a banana, I gag. It's the texture. I know Bananas are good for you but I still can't stomach them. My sister on the other hand was born a monkey. She devours bananas and she has now passed this love for this tropical fruit on to her daughters. Maybe her son will not get the 'banana like' gene and can be like me.

Gone Bananas Cupcakes
The three types of cupcakes made today were Gone Bananas, Banana Pudding, and Banana Cream Pie. The Gone Bananas cupcakes are a banana cake topped with whipped cream and banana chips. The Banana Pudding and Cream Pie are similar except for the topping. Both are banana cakes filled with fresh banana curd. They are both topped with fresh whipped cream but the Banana Pudding has a wafer added to the banana chips while the Banana Cream Pie has graham crackers sprinkled on top. All three of them are delicious. Yes, I tried the cupcakes. Since it isn't the actual banana I can stomach it. They are tasty and will be given away tomorrow to lucky taste testers. Just one more new item coming to a farmers market near you.
Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
Banana Pudding Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment